In the fast paced world of
The originated lumber authority, NSQ 43040 covers the following commodities:
- Lumber (STCC 242X)
- Plywood (STCC 24321X)
- Particleboard and OSB (STCC 249961x, STCC 249911x),
- Crane Mats (STCC 2499238), Ties (STCC 24912x)
Please be advised that we are making market-based adjustments to all sections of NSQ 40340 effective June 1, 2015. In addition to the pricing
The structural changes in this newest publication are as follows:
- New rate authority (NSQ 40660) covering pole shipments in stanchion cars. Rates provided in both Railroad and Private Equipment- no longer differentiated by
carlength. All interline waybills will be billed rule 11 to interchange. Stcc’scorresponding to pole commodities will be removed from NSQ 43040.
- The scale rates in Section 2 have been deleted in entirety.
- Flat Car rate options in NSQ 43040 have been consolidated into 1 category.
- Section 9 has been created and includes lanes from select HAL, GC, LXVR, and AGR origins.
- In total effective June
1 stthere will be 8 sections, 1,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9.
Other important things to note:
- These rates are public and therefore not subject to fuel surcharge.
- As with all Norfolk Southern rate publications, the applicable terms and conditions are listed in the notes section of each rate authority.
The updated publications are available via AccessNS (section #9 will be available prior to June 1st). We encourage you to sign up for AccessNS at https://www2.nscorp.com/accessNS/ to receive up-to-date publications as they are available.
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us or your Sales representative. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your transportation needs.
On behalf of the Lumber Pricing & Marketing team:
Market Manager Forest Products & Waste
Norfolk Southern Corporation
C: 757 408 1299