In the fast paced world of Lumber Norfolk Southern strives for competitiveness and full coverage in our Real Time Rating. Effective June 1, 2014 we take a another step toward our goals with the renewal of NSQ 43040 covering Lumber originating on Norfolk Southern.
The originated lumber authority, NSQ 43040 covers the following commodities:
- Lumber (STCC 242X)
- Plywood (STCC 24321X)
- Particleboard and OSB (STCC 249X)
Please be advised that we are making market-based adjustments to all sections of NSQ 40340 effective June 1, 2014:
To summarize the structural changes in this newest publication:
- New Station Groups have been created and are being used in this version of the publication. These new groups do not include FSAC 60000 series to eliminate potential duplication.
- Boxcar options have been consolidated into 2 categories; less than 5,600 cubic feet and greater than 5,600 cubic feet
- Sections 3, 4, and 5 have been expanded to include additional handling line destinations
- Sections 7 and 8 have been expanded to include additional shortline destinations
Other important things to note:
- These rates are public and therefore not subject to fuel surcharge.
- As with all Norfolk Southern rate publications, the applicable terms and conditions are listed in the notes section of each rate authority.
We encourage you to sign up for AccessNS at https://www2.nscorp.com/accessNS/ to receive up-to-date publications as they are available.
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us or your Sales representative. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your transportation needs