In the fast-paced world of Lumber, Norfolk Southern strives for competitiveness and full coverage in our Real Time Rating. Effective July 1, 2014 we take a another step toward our goals with the renewal of NSQ 43500 covering Norfolk Southern received Lumber traffic
Please be advised that we are making market-based rate adjustments to all sections of NSQ 43500 effective July 1, 2014:
The received lumber authority, NSQ 43500 covers the following commodities:
- Lumber (STCC 242X)
- Plywood (STCC 24321X)
- Particleboard and OSB (STCC 249X)
To summarize the structural changes in this newest publication:
- New Station Groups have been created and are being used in this version of the publication. These new groups do not include FSAC 60000 series destinations to eliminate potential duplication.
- Boxcar options have been consolidated into 2 categories; less than 5,600 cubic feet and greater than 5,600 cubic feet
- Section 3 has been expanded to include additional handling line destinations
- Section 2 has been expanded to include additional shortline destinations
Other important things to note:
- These rates are public and therefore not subject to fuel surcharge.
- As with all Norfolk Southern rate publications, the applicable terms and conditions are listed in the notes section of each rate authority.
We encourage you to sign up for accessNS at https://www2.nscorp.com/accessNS/ to receive up-to-date publications as they are available.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us or your Sales representative. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your transportation needs.