To meet growing demand and support continued investments in capacity expansion, NS will be increasing its domestic intermodal rates as follows.
Transactional EMP rates to be Increased 3.5%
- Effective August 12th, 2013, transactional ramp-to-ramp pricing for NS originated EMP will increase by 3.5%.
Open-Ended EMP NSPQ’s to be Increased 2.5%
- Effective September 15th, 2013, EMP rates published in open-ended NSPQ’s will be increased by 2.5%.
- A customized file listing the affected quotes and the new rate will be provided to customers.
- The NS rate system will be updated with these price adjustments by September 6, 2013.
- Note: Rates for traffic destined to the Canadian Pacific RR that are subject to the previously announced 3% increase (effective August 15th) will be excluded from this adjustment. Rates destined for FEC points are also excluded due to previously announced increases.
Private Container and Private Trailer FAK rates to be Increased 3%
- Effective September 15th, 2013, the private container and trailer FAK rates will be increased by 3%.
To assist in updating your database, rates are available for download through e*price, the NS on-line pricing system. For access or questions regarding e*price, please contact your NS Intermodal pricing representative.