Download PDF 320 KB
Dear NS Customer, Shipper or Receiver of Rail Cars, Rail Business Partner and NS Tariff Subscriber:
Effective July 15, 2014, Norfolk Southern (NS) will be making changes to the following tariff:
- Demurrage and Storage Rules and Charges tariff NS 6004-C
Below is a brief description of the changes to the tariff.
NS 6004-D – Demurrage and Storage Rules and Charges to replace NS 6004-C and Supplements 1-5:
The revisions to this tariff are available for view on the NS website at:
- NS 6004-D – Item 40 (formerly Item 4) – List of Participating Carriers: Eliminate reference to Norfolk and Western Railway Company and Atlantic and East Carolina Railway Company as obsolete.
- NS 6004-D – Item 60 (formerly Item 5) – Application of Referenced Publications: Eliminate the references to NS 6500, NS 9209 and RPS 6008 as obsolete.
- NS 6004-D - Item 200 – Glossary of Terms: Changing the definitions of Consignee and Consignor to include receivers of rail cars.
- NS 6004-D - Item 950 – Demurrage/Storage Rules: Deleting the Note contained in this Item.
The purpose of the changes to Items 200 and 950 is to make NS 6004-D consistent with the new STB regulations concerning demurrage and storage, which can be found at 49 CFR Part 1333. See also the Decision of the STB in Ex Parte 707, Demurrage Liability, (served April 11, 2014).
Please contact me should you have any questions.
Pamela A. Lemon
Manager Pricing Services
Norfolk Southern Corporation