Effective October 1, 2014, we are making market-based rate adjustments to Norfolk Southern’s Scrap Paper tariff NSQ 40241.
NSQ 40241 covers the following commodities:
- STCC 26-431-XX (Dunnage Bags)
- STCC 26-497-XX (Packing Covers)
- STCC 26-515-XX (Fiberboard Pallets)
- STCC 40-241-XX (Scrap Paper)
Effective October 15, 2014, NSQ 40241 will be replaced by Scrap Paper tariff NSQ 40240.
The following summarizes the changes in this newest publication:
- Continues to provide zone-to-zone pricing
- Adds a mileage-based scale of rates
- Replaces joint-line pricing with Rule 11 factors in connection with BNSF, CN, CPRS, CSXT, KCS and UP
Other important things to note:
- These rates are public and therefore not subject to fuel surcharge.
- As with all Norfolk Southern rate publications, the applicable terms and conditions are listed in the notes section of each rate authority.
We encourage you to sign up for accessNS at https://www2.nscorp.com/accessNS/ to receive up-to-date publications as they are available.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your Sales representative or Kahlie Long at Kahlie.Long@nscorp.com. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your transportation needs.