NS' Customer Services Team provides support to shippers through two main departments focused on identifying and resolving issues promptly and satisfactorily:
- Operations & Service Support (OSS) oversees industry switching current demurrage records, crew work orders, and car movement reporting.
- OSS Special Services (formerly the National Customer Service Center) handles diversions and reconsignments, service measurement, expediting, and problem resolution.
- Automotive Services coordinates the day-to-day automotive network, including and empty multilevel shipments, auto parts shipments and NS’s network of distribution facilities.
Hours of Operation & Contact Numbers
- Operations & Service Support provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be reached by calling (800) 635-5768.
- Automotive Services provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be reached at (888) 649-9273.
- Full List of Customer Support Contacts
NS provides secure web-based customer service applications through accessNS. AccessNS applications provide basic tracing and shipment tracking information including current location and ETA. Follow the link to register for a UserID to begin using these applications.
Customer service center email contacts
Customer service center fax numbers
- Automotive Services - Auto Parts: 404-589-6286
- Automotive Services - Multilevels: 404-589-6287
- Intermodal: 404-589-6215
- Diversions: 404-589-6233