The Crescent Corridor is more than a $2.5 billion rail infrastructure project that spans 11 states. It is a symbol of prosperity and innovation. Providing one of the fastest, most direct routes from the Southeast to the Northeast with convenient connections to Mexico and Los Angeles, the Crescent Corridor is creating jobs and making green shipping a reality.
With 30 new lanes now open connecting to the 2,500-mile Crescent Corridor, Norfolk Southern's high-capacity intermodal routes are truck competitive, fuel efficient, and dependable.
The Crescent Corridor helps our customers, and it gives America a competitive advantage:
- Create 122,820 jobs across the rail network by 2030
- Create new terminal facilities in Birmingham, Ala., Memphis, Tenn., Charlotte, N.C., and Greencastle, Pa.
- Save more than $575 million in traffic congestion annually
- Reduce 1.9 million tons of carbon dioxide annually
- Save more than 169 million gallons of fuel annually
- Remove more than 1.3 million long-haul trucks annually